September 15, 2022 6pm
Short Film Festival
A very special thank you to our sponsors and partners in this event. Also, THANK YOU to the citizens of Cabot for supporting CFACs mission!
PREMIERING SEPTEMBER 15, 2022! CFAC is excited to announce and host Cabot’s second film festival – the Firehouse Film Festival. A short film festival coordinated with Cabot City Beautiful’s already successful Food Truck Frenzy event, submitted films will be viewed and the filmmakers will be celebrated in Downtown Cabot.
The Firehouse Film Festival will accept short films (less than 5 minutes) June 1, 2022 through July 31, 2022. The Firehouse Film Festival will be held on September 15, 2022. A panel of judges will award the following categories: Best Film, Best Director, Best Performance, Best Cinematography, Local Flair, and Best Editor. There will also be an Audience Choice award. The winner of each category will receive $250!
Entry fee for films is $25.
The top films (this is a family event, so films selected for viewing will be chosen accordingly) will be selected and shown at 6pm on September 15 during Cabot City Beautiful’s Food Truck Frenzy event.
- Short films should be 5 minutes or less.
- Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee and a completed online entry form.
- Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway. If selected for screening at the festival, film will need to be in a downloadable mp4 format.
- CFAC reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
- All films submitted will be considered for judged awards. Films that are selected to screen at the Firehouse Film Festival will be those deemed appropriate by CFAC for a family audience. Films by local Cabot and Arkansas makers will be given priority in screening selection. Only screened films will be eligible for the “Audience Choice” award.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
- Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigate or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
- Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. AFF expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
- Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by CFAC in connection with the dispute.
- The payment of the invoiced amount will be due upon receipt.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
- CFAC has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- CFAC explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by CFAC or by its volunteers.
- Winners will be announced on September 16, 2021. The judges’ decision is final. Judged award categories are: Best Film, Best Director, Best Performance, Best Cinematography, Local Flair, and Best Editing.
- Winners receiving cash prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED